“I didn’t fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong” – Benjamin Franklin
My latest attempt to upgrade the software didn’t work. I have asked the good folks at HostExpress to restore the site to our last Server-side Backup (hopefully it isn’t too late in the evening for them to get my request), and I’ll aim to try again tonight (Shanghai time)
This half of the software upgrade actually looked simpler than the first half. There were less file conflicts that resulted from the upgrade process. There are only a few modifications to our forums to date (RSS feeds, Advanced Quick Reply) and I thought the conflicts related to these were easily spotted and adjusted for. Next time around, I will try making all the adjustments to the conflicted files manually.
Wish me luck!